You are an ideal candidate if you have:
- A proven track record of 5+ years of experience in web development.
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field.
- Knowledge of and experience in frameworks such as React and Angular.js highly beneficial.
- 3+ years of CMS experience with WordPress.
- Advanced level knowledge of server-side scripting languages – primarily PHP.
- Knowledge and expertise with cross-browser compatibility issues.
- Strong experience using Git for development and source control.
- A good understanding of UX design principles.
- Knowledge of and experience in working with other popular CMS’ such Drupal, Magento, and Joomla beneficial.
- Good knowledge of database systems, especially MySQL.
Your roles and responsibilities:
- Maintaining and developing high-performance, optimised, and responsive websites.
- Creating custom themes, templates, and features as well as enhancing existing customisations.
- Collaborating with the Creative/UX team to formulate effective, fluid designs, and transpose those requirements into a working theme supporting accessibility and responsive design.
- Creating reusable bug-free website components and design.
- Implementing complex integration utilising 3rd party APIs, views, and other methods.
- Translating business requirements into functional/technical specifications.
- Tracking down and fixing bugs, performance issues, or display issues.
- Applying best practices and latest web technology trends.
- Responding quickly and effectively to operational issues.
Your skills and competencies:
- SEO knowledge. You know the principles behind search engine optimization.
- Creative / innovative. You generate new and innovative approaches to problems.
- Efficient. You are able to produce significant output with minimal wasted effort.
- Follow-through on commitments. You live up to verbal and written agreements, regardless of personal cost.
- Highly attentive to detail. You do not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.
- Team player. You reach out to peers and cooperate with supervisors to establish and overall collaborative working relationship.
- Flexible / adaptable. You adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions. You cope effectively with complexity and change.
- Enthusiastic. You exhibit passion and excitement over work. You have a can-do attitude.